Quantcast

Tuesday, January 28

40 days of challenge: 8:Talk about the thing you are most proud of.

  • 8:Talk about the thing you are most proud of.

I have many things that i am proud of because i like to feel good about myself. Even though i tend to get emotional sometimes, i like to look at the bright side of things and believe that everything happens for a reason and at the end of the day, it's just the experience that matters.

I guess the proudest thing would be that, i managed to survive through single-parent hood without any shit happening. 

You know like how when a girl turns out to be pretty fucked up and people would go "Don't blame her, her parents are divorced and her mum is busy working". But really, so what? I'm not gonna sugar-coat my words, but many times, i feel that you gotta be responsible for your own life. Yeah, maybe your mum isn't there to guide you through many things, but you do know that she is working her butt off to make your life better. I know that there are many different factors which may contribute to someone, especially in the rebellion stage, to a strayed path, but at the end of day, the whole "I'm brought up in a single parent family" doesn't suffice enough as an excuse for your immaturity and stupidity in a lot of other fucked up things that you do.

& it makes me really irritated when these kids thinks that you have a edge over the other kids just because of this. Really? You do realize that being a tad different doesn't make you any much better or easier to scoot off free with the mistakes you do.

I'm definitely fortunate to have other relatives to love and care for me, and even though i do feel lonely at times when i don't see my mum for months, i am still a spoilt brat in my younger days and i am deeply ashamed by that. Maybe even now, i don't know.

But yeah, i am proud that i did not use this as an excuse in my life before to gain any advantage as compared to my peers. I am the same as everyone - my parent's statues doesn't determine my personality, my actions and definitely not the way i live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment